Pictured above: Surfing at Margaritaville’s Flowrider, a surf simulator.
Recently I published a post about Hollywood Beach being named the best place to retire in the Southeast by Money Magazine. The post highlighted the reasons why Hollywood Beach was an attractive place for retirees, but there is so much more to love about Hollywood Beach. Below is a short list of 5 more things to love about Hollywood Beach, listed in no particular order.
- Fun for Kids – Hollywood Beach was built with kids in mind. The broadwalk allows bikes, and rollerblading and right at the exit of the Garfield street garage is a zero depth water play area that is absolutely awesome for kids. And if you have kids, you will appreciate that #5 on the list is not very far!
- The Broadwalk – The Broadwalk is a long beautiful beachside boardwalk that is full of life. The Broadwalk is great for people that want to walk, ride their bikes, rollerblade, or enjoy some other beachfront activity. The Broadwalk is situated between the beach and shops making it a great place not only to exercise but to hangout and people watch.
- Great restaurants – The Broadwalk is filled with great restaurants. Whatever your palate there is something for it on Hollywood Beach: Italian, Turkish, Greek, Mexican, and more. Best of all if you are enjoying the beach, all you have to do is take a short walk to get some great eats.
- Parking – Parking on the beach in South Florida can be daunting. However, Hollywood Beach has the parking infrastructure to allow most beachgoers to park without fretting much. My favorite spot to park is the Garfield Street garage. It is easy to get to, located right on the beach, and the cost of parking won’t break any one’s bank.
- Public bathrooms – Having public bathrooms readily available on the beach is a blessing, yet not all beaches have them, but Hollywood Beach does. As you exit the Garfield street garage there are public bathrooms readily available, and they are right near the beach.
Hollywood Beach was named a great place to retire for a reason, but let’s not forget that Hollywood Beach has a lot to offer for all ages.
Click here to visit my website: www.desireeavila.com